Better Days Cafe is a new social enterprise café operating from the Coast Community Church facility at Tumbi Umbi on the NSW Central Coast. Better Days aims to not only offer great coffee and wholesome food at a sensible price, it also provides training and employment pathways to those facing obstacles to gaining sufficient employment.
Better Days is an environment of hope, possibility, community and growth. It is our hope that patrons, participants, staff and volunteers will all experience something uniquely and genuinely positive at Better Days Café.
Grace, Growth, Gratitude, Generosity, Genuineness
Life and Days Made Better
Nourishing human potential through simple food, outstanding coffee,
holistic training and community connection.
AS OUR CAFE CHEF (role requirements)
- You are passionate about empowering communities and changing lives
- You have a track record of fostering a fun and engaging culture for both teams and customers
- You are an experienced café or restaurant Chef / Cook
- You are familiar with the café scene and have the ideas and passion to create the newest social enterprise café on the Central Coast
- You have excellent hospitality skills and are committed to ensuring that food, beverages and customer service are of the highest quality
- You have a knack for training and mentoring others
- You are highly organised, responsible, and reliable
- You have or are willing to obtain a Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Able to commit to a minimum of 12 months
Permanent part-time with a view to move to full time in the coming months.
All rates and provisions per the Restaurant Industry Award.
Send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11 July 2021