Lutanda Children’s Services is looking for a permanent full time Catering Manager to work at our Camp Toukley site. Camp Toukley is an established favourite of many schools and church groups. We are growing our outreach programs to disadvantaged youth and delivering Outdoor Education programs to schools that focus on building character within individuals and their relationships with one another. We offer our site to people of all backgrounds as we demonstrate Jesus’ love in word and deed every day, every time.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for reaching out to disadvantaged kids, serving schools with excellence, and wants to contribute by serving great food at camp!
The role would suit an experienced chef or catering manager looking to move into a Christian environment and make a difference to people’s lives not just making a profit.
The role is a fantastic opportunity to get into a unique industry at a site that is strong in camping and continues to grow and develop. The position reports directly to the Toukley Centre Manager.
This is a full-time role with weekend work expected. It is a hands-on cooking role that is also responsible for supervising other staff, developing rosters and keeping to budgets.
The successful applicants should have:
• current qualifications in commercial cookery
• a passion for our ministry and the Gospel of Jesus Christ
• current safe food handling certificate
• experience in preparing food for large groups
• experience in leading a team
• experience in setting and maintaining high level of cleanliness in all areas of the kitchen across all shifts
• experience and creativity in setting menus
• experience for purchasing, rostering, menu development and budget control
• a current and active WWCC number
An appropriate package will be offered.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send through enquires, a resume and/or cover letter to:
Ph: (02) 4355 3510 | Toll free: 1300 757 276
Lutanda Children’s Services