Are you looking for an opportunity to use your bookkeeping and finance skills in a Christian mission organisation focused on Africa’s unreached? The Africa Inland Mission’s Australia and Asia-Pacific office supports our gospel workers serving in various African countries and globally. We seek a mission-minded person with proven Christian character, excellent bookkeeping, and general financial skills. This position is an opportunity to join our national and Asia-Pacific office team based in Gosford, NSW, Central Coast.
This role involves:
- The bookkeeping for the organisation using Reckon Accounts Hosted, including an annual external audit.
- Working with missionaries or workers on their support budgets and ministry projects.
- Receipting and managing donations and payments to workers.
- Payroll using STP for all overseas and Australian office workers.
- Communicating with donors.
- Facilitating domestic and international payments.
- Compiling monthly reports and updates for workers.
- Providing financial statements and information to the Mobilising Director.
- Assisting in the management of investments.
- Participating in and leading office prayer times or devotions.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn and pick up new systems and software.
- Certificate IV in bookkeeping or equivalent experience.
- Competent in MS Office and Reckon Hosted accounting software or similar and excel.
- You must have strong attention to detail and display an ability to be a fast learner.
- Have an understanding and empathy for Christian missions and cross-cultural ministry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You require the willingness and ability to work in a team environment.
This paid position is 30 hours per week. Immediate start with job orientation and training by the current Finance Manager, retiring in October. Applications close Monday, 14 June 2022.
Please direct questions to Robbyn on 02 4322 4777 (office) or 0408 598 891 or email: email@example.com
Please forward your application addressing the criteria above with a cover letter, referee contacts and CV to
Liz Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 328, Gosford. NSW 2250