We are seeking someone who has a passion for seeing young people being transformed by Jesus, to join our team as a Youth Worker. The role is part-time with flexible working hours and has a primary responsibility of coordinating and leading our Friday night Youth ministry (River Youth). There is also an opportunity to be involved in a Sunday morning discipleship space (Morning Crew) for people in years 6 – 9, and to have a relational connection to Wyong Christian Community School.
River Youth averages between 40 and 50 youth each week, with 10 leaders. We draw from WCCS and the local high school, and have a mix of non-Christian and maturing Christian youth. This is a great opportunity to share and show the Good News of Jesus with non-church youth, disciple young Christians, and grow in your own leadership experience.
Throughout 2022, Wyong Baptist Church has seen people come to place their faith in Jesus, new people join our community, and we have celebrated numerous baptisms. We have an anticipation and excitement for what God is doing in our midst.
The right person will:
– Be of mature faith (and possibly studying at Morling)
– Have a heart and passion for seeing young people transformed by Jesus
– Have a desire to learn, grow and develop as a leader
– Need to comply with Safe Church Policy
– Have a commitment to being part of the gathered church
– Balance a pastoral heart with administrative responsibilities
For more information, a detailed role description or to submit your resumé please contact Brett Robinson at email@example.com