Expressions of Interest – Terrigal Uniting Church
Youth Ministry Worker – Part-Time (10 hours per week)
Terrigal Uniting Church is seeking a passionate and dedicated Youth Ministry Worker to join our team. The Youth Ministry Worker will play a key role in developing and implementing programs that engage, educate, inspire and lead young people within our community to know Jesus Christ. This position offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of youth.
1. Youth Program Development: Develop, plan, and execute engaging and age-appropriate youth programs, events, and activities that growths the faith of youth in Jesus Christ, provides fellowship, and community outreach.
2. Spiritual Mentorship: Provide spiritual mentorship and guidance to youth both individually and as a group, fostering a safe and supportive environment where they can explore and strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ.
3. Pastoral Care: Offer compassionate pastoral care to youth, addressing their concerns, challenges, and questions with empathy and understanding.
4. Collaboration: Collaborate with church leaders, volunteers, and parents to create a cohesive and nurturing community that supports youth and youth programs.
5. Outreach and Engagement: Actively engage with local schools, community organizations, and other youth-focused initiatives to promote the church’s youth programs and increase participation.
6. Event Coordination: Coordinate and oversee youth-related events, retreats, camps, and service projects, ensuring a positive and enriching experience for all participants.
7. Administrative Tasks: Manage administrative tasks related to the youth ministry, communication with parents, and maintaining accurate records of youth participation.
• Strong commitment to the Christian faith and a passion for youth ministry.
• Desirable theology training or willingness to consider
• Willingness to be mentored and supported
• Previous experience working with youth in a church or community setting is preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
If you believe this position would suit you, expressions of interest can be submitted to Richard Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the church to discuss further.